How to set up a google mail account with your own domain
When you purchase your domain you have the option of setting up your meal with your domain name provider or your website hosting provider, but these aren’t you only options.
You can set-up your new business email with a Google account and its easy to do.
Here is why we recommend you use Google.
- You get huge storage capacity for your documents in your google drive.
- You get access to Google Docs and Sheets which mean you can find all of your documents in one place.
- You have online access to all of your documents at any time from anywhere.
- Your data is secure
- If you are setting up Google analytics for you website you need a google account anyway so you might as well use it for email
- It’s cost comparative to other email providers.
- You just need to go to www.google.com to login, you don’t have to remember a difficult webmail URL when you need to access your emails offsite.
How to set up your Google Account
- Purchase a custom domain name.
- Visit the Google Apps site here.
- Click “Start Free Trial” and then enter your basic information in the steps that follow in order to create your account.
- You’ll have the option to set up your account the “Express” or “Custom” way. I recommend Express — it’s really quick!
- Now you need to “verify” your domain name. Google provides step by step instructions on how to do this. You will need access to either your website admin, or your domain name DNS records.
- Click “verify.”
- Once you’re done, login to your Google Apps account and click “Users.” There, you’ll see the option to add new users (i.e. custom email addresses!). Adding new users is $6 per user, per month.
- That’s it! You’re done!